Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > I have a 2005 F150 Been having a crank n...
I have a 2005 F150 Been having a crank no start problem. but now my throttle actuator is chattering and I CNN rank andalso I can't connect to obd to test it. it will tst if I unplug it but then I get commutation errors.

1277 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2020-01-27 13:59:17

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    lpaulmc
    2020-01-15 18:48:36
    Have switched out FPDM, Fuel pump and fuel rail pressure sensor. All wires tested good for continuity seem to be getting enough power and re did ground on fpdm. While testing the wires the throttle body started making noise it seem to co I g from the actuator I can feel it vibrating. Changed pigtail no change . ha e also changed pigtail on FPDM and fuel pump. Any help would be appreciated.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    lpaulmc
    2020-01-15 20:31:55
    More info. This started as an intermitent crank no start, it some times took 20 to 40 tries to start. Eventually it stoppedall together. Both the fuel pump and now the throttle body seem to be getting g power but not steady power, enough to make them chatter or vibrate but not enough to work. I test all the lines for high resistance and found very little. Don't have wire diagram for throttle body power. At an earlier time working this problems I got the FP to run by grounding brown and white wire to the frame but it ran continuously so I had to remove it. Have check group D's in work g diagram re did the be one and no change

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2020-01-15 23:14:07 (Reply to:lpaulmc)

Probably you need to replace the  fuse/relay box. The 2004-2005 ... F150 are famous for bad Central Junction box (CJB).
    You need a diagram and run some tests.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CHbNtwbSP_zAtMmMJi7R1Ac8dVgjT2ms

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2020-01-18 04:39:54

Check pcm relay

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    Tundra

2020-01-27 13:59:17

is the fuse box containing the relay mounted on LH side under dash ? I have pulled a handful of those fuse blocks out that contain water....usually coming from the rotted sill/windshied locations. 
  Total1 Pages